Kelsey Macke has been creative for as long as she can remember. Her formative years were a swirl of bad poetry, journals full of songs, and absolutely TONS of jazz hands. Her debut YA novel, DAMSEL DISTRESSED (October 2014 – Spencer Hill Contemporary) is being presented with its own soundtrack, Imogen Unlocked, a full album of original songs inspired by the book and performed by the author and her husband, Daron, as their band Wedding Day Rain. In addition to writing and music, Kelsey is a passionate YouTuber, expert instagrammer, and is among the first 1% of all twitter users (@KelsNotChels).
She also loves cheese. All kinds.
DAMSEL DISTRESSED, Gold medal winner of the 2014 Moonbeam Award for YA, and the companion album of original songs, Imogen Unlocked debuted in October of 2014.
Click here for contact information.
Here’s the quick, first-person version!
- I’m the author of the YA novel DAMSEL DISTRESSED (Spencer Hill Contemporary, 2014).
- I’m half of the folky indie-pop duo Wedding Day Rain.
- Our band wrote, produced, and released our first full length album, Imogen Unlocked as a companion to my novel! (It’s like a soundtrack for the book BY its author!)
- My work is represented by Super Agent extraordinaire, Jessica Sinsheimer of the Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency. My novel is being honed by my incredible editor, Danielle Ellison and the SHContemp team.
- I vlog every Friday on my YouTube channel KelsNotChelsNOTLIVE and I’m an official friend of Wonderly.
- I’m a member of We Are One Four, a group of amazing 2014 debut authors, and also the larger collective One Four Kid Lit.