Kelsey Macke has been creative for as long as she can remember. Her formative years were a swirl of bad poetry, journals full of songs, and absolutely TONS of jazz hands. Her debut YA novel, DAMSEL DISTRESSED (Spencer Hill Contemporary) was released with its own soundtrack, Imogen Unlocked, a full album of original songs inspired by the book and performed by the author and her husband, Daron, as their band Wedding Day Rain. Kelsey is a public speaker who regularly gives talks about writing craft, publishing, and mental health awareness and destigmatization. In addition to writing and music, Kelsey watches Gilmore Girls on a near-endless cycle, shows videos of her cats to everyone who stands still long enough, and is among the first 1% of all twitter users (@KelsNotChels).
She also loves cheese. All kinds.
DAMSEL DISTRESSED, Gold medal winner of the 2014 Moonbeam Award for YA, and the companion album of original songs, Imogen Unlocked debuted in October of 2014.
Click here for contact information.
Here’s the quick, first-person version!
- I’m the author of the YA novel DAMSEL DISTRESSED (Spencer Hill Contemporary, 2014).
- I’m half of the folky indie-pop duo Wedding Day Rain.
- Our band wrote, produced, and released our first full length album, Imogen Unlocked as a companion to my novel! (It’s like a soundtrack for the book BY its author!)
- I love talking to people (especially teens) about mental health issues. I’m very passionate about reducing the stigmas that surround common issues like depression and anxiety.
- I have a masters degree in education. I spent my time in grad school learning how to work with adolescents with emotional and/or behavioral disorders.
- Watch my vlog on my YouTube channel KelsNotChelsNOTLIVE.